Toddler are wonderful companions for museum explorations!
Here are a few tips to help make your visit a successful one.
Check the museum site for stroller rules before you go.
Bring a snack!
Don't try to see everything, pick a small area or a few artworks to focus on.
While exploring art focus on finding recognizable images, patterns, and colors. Remember, be silly and imagination never fails!
Here are a few prompts to get you looking, thinking and talking about art with your toddler.
- Tell a story about an artwork
- Look for triangles
- Find an artwork that is funny. How so?
- Find animals
- Look for lines: long, short, thin, fat, straight, curvy. Trace them with your finger in the air
- Think about what characters in artworks are saying or thinking
- Stand like someone in an artwork or a sculpture
- Find a rainbow – find each color as you walk through the art space
- Whats the most beautiful artwork? why?
- Find an artwork that makes you happy, talk about it
- Find an artwork that is sad, how so?
- How many circles can you count in a single artwork? Can you find a piece with no circles